My own special curried eggs.
Here’s how (roughly):
- Black pepper
- Turmeric (colour)
- Curry powder
- Cook boiled eggs with water and vinegar
- Add milk to saucepan/pot as much as you think you need to cover the eggs
- Add salt, turmeric, pepper, sugar and curry powder to taste preference.
- Keep stirring while the milk starts to get hot.
- Mix a table spoon of mazina in a bit of milk to a watery paste.
- Add the Cream
- Add vinegar and Mayonnaise to your taste.
- Add the maziena mixture to the milk and continually stir until it thickens to your preference, add more maziena if needed.
- Turn the heat down and stir until your constancy is reached, taste often and modify the flavour as you need.
- Take the boiled eggs off when they are cooked, boiling at about 7 minutes, then clean and remove the shells and place in a bowl.
- Once you are happy with a thick tasty sauce, remove from stove add to eggs to cover them, and leave it in the fridge for a day or two to draw flavour.
Short cut method: buy readymade creamy curry (in a packet) put in a pot, add sugar, add vinegar and mayo, taste and add salt or whatever, throw over eggs and let stand for a day or so.